Notice: The information on this page is only for users of Personal Taxprep 2018. If you are using Personal Taxprep Classic 2018, consult the help available in the program.
How to Use the Express NOA Download
You can download taxpayers' Notices of Assessment through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Express NOA service for one client file at a time.
To download the Notices of Assessment to the active client file, proceed as follows:
- In the Transmission menu, click Download Express NOA. The Download Express NOA dialog box displays,
Following the transmission of a federal return, text displays in the EFILE Transmission Results box to indicate that you can download the Express Notice of Assessment. Click Download Express NOA. The Download Express NOA dialog box displays.
- You have a valid T1013 form for online access;
- An electronic option for the delivery of the Notice of Assessment has been selected on Form T183, Information Return for Electronic Filing of an Individual's Income Tax and Benefit Return (Jump Code: T183);
- The electronic transmission of the return has been accepted;
- The electronic transmission of the return has been performed from the active client file or the Return view.
- Select the taxpayer(s) whose Notice of Assessment you want to download. Consult the section related to errors, if applicable, to prevent a rejection during download.
- Click Download.
The Download Express NOA dialog box displays.
- Read the CRA information concerning Express NOA download and click Connect to the CRA.
A Web browser opens in another page.
- In the Welcome page of the secured Represent a client service of the CRA, enter the credentials allowing you to access this service and click Login.
- Follow the instructions provided by the CRA to continue downloading Notices of Assessment.
Monitoring the progression of the download
Once Taxprep made some verifications, a progress bar will display to inform you of the progress of the Express NOA download.
Once the download is complete, the colour of the progress bar displayed in the dialog box will change depending on the progress of the operation:
- Red indicates that the Express NOA download did not work and no Notice of Assessment has been downloaded. Click Display to consult the Express NOA download log.
- Yellow indicates that the Express NOA download has been performed and at least one Notice of Assessment has been downloaded successfully and at least one Notice of Assessment could not be downloaded. Click Display to consult the Express NOA download log.
- Green indicates that the Express NOA download was successful and the downloaded Notices of Assessment are complete. Click Display to complete the operation and review the downloaded data.
View and print the Notice of Assessment
To view and print the downloaded Notices of Assessment, proceed as follows:
- Select the Notice of Assessment that you want to view and print from the "Express NOA" section of Form EFILE INFO, EFILE Information (Jump Code: EFILE INFO).
- Click View to display the Notice of Assessment in your Web browser.
- Use the print option of the browser to print the Notice of Assessment.